Sunday 26 May 2013

Braids, Braids & Braids || Hair Makeover

This Post has been in the works for literally MONTHS! But College has proven to be more time-consuming than I thought. How and ever, here is the hairstyle I've been obsessing with for some time now.

BRAIDS.... Yeah I can't say it enough times to emphasize how much I love them.

Truth be told I used to be a hater, because it reminded me of my childhood and all the Cringe-Worthy memories that come with this time of my life. One of my friends thankfully encouraged me to broaden my hairstyles so I did.

The way I understand it Braids date back years and years and years... and braiding from the root especially, dates back to East African tradition. When we think about braids in the 90's we often think about Janet Jackson's beautiful box braids in Poetic Justice and now in our time celebs such as Brandy, Solange and Beyonce have been rocking the trendy hairstyle.

So here I am. Now I can't quite shake it. So Below are a few pics of different braid hairstyles, on myself and some of my friends.



                                                             Comments Make Me Smile !

                                                                             :)

                                                                             x


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and braids. I would love to cut my hair like the girl in the second picture but I'd be too scared

    ReplyDelete